Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Faves

With the very much anticipated trip to visit my friends in Florida FINALLY here, this was a very busy week.    I had lots to do at work, to prepare for my 6 day absence along with packing, errands and extra working out so I could be ready for 8 days full of eating, drinking, lounging and laughing my heart out with two of my bestest friends.  

I have known Les since we were in 4th grade and Carol, I met during my middle school years.  We weren't always really close, but over the past 8 years our friendship has grown to be truly one of the most respected, loved and cherished friendships I have.  Not only do I love them each individually, but they are also one of the strongest and most admired couples that I know.  

Our lives have been very similar over the past 8 years, which is what I attribute our friendship's growth to.  We all started our higher education in 2006, along with moving out west (from Detroit), them to Vegas, me to San Diego.  Then Carol and Les moved to Florida so Carol could complete her residency around the same time I relocated to Los Angeles for my first official full time job post grad school.  Each time we get together we somehow manage to have more fun then the time before.  This is something that I truly treasure, yet have no idea how we are consistently able to pull it off.  It's these moments that I live for and that make everyday normal life all worth it!  Here's to another awesome trip and I can't wait to leave on Saturday!        

Gorgeous table setting for book club brunch
Thanks to Lauren for hosting

Avocado, egg, tomato & cheese toast

Hazelnut coffee - my fave flavor

Beautiful daisies in jars of rice at 
The California Winemasters charity event

Enjoying some KJ 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Hazelnut coffee! One of my faves.
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I missed National Chardonnay Day!! ; )

    Brooke du jour
    www.brookedujour.com

    ReplyDelete