Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chicken Fennel

After recently discovering fennel and how yummy it is, I have been trying all sorts of new recipes that include it.  My most recent favorite is this Chicken and Fennel recipe, I found on The Food Network website.  

The only changes I made to this recipe are, I left out the olives, because I don't like olives and I didn't make the couscous they suggested.  Otherwise, the chicken was wonderful, very juicy and well seasoned.  While the fennel, onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes added a nice Mediterranean flavor.  It's the perfect simple dish to make for a dinner party!

Dice fennel, onions and garlic.

Pan fry chicken thighs in olive oil, 
then saute the vegetables with seasonings in the juices.  
The chicken does not need to be fully cooked 
b/c it will continue to cook in the oven.

Place chicken in baking dish and 
cover with vegetables and seasonings after sauteed.  
Bake at 450 for 20-30 minutes.

I had this chicken with a side of cauliflower mash 
and it was the perfect combination.  


1 comment:

  1. So I am ashamed to admit that I have no idea what fennel is and I'm not sure if I ever had it. As a foodie, I need to get my hands on it! Thanks for the inspiration, I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete