Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shamrock Apples

With St. Patrick's Day coming up this weekend, I thought I would share a cute and healthy themed snack idea.  Don't get me wrong, I love sweet treats in the shape of shamrocks, but as a society, I believe we place too much emphasis on celebrating with food.  And that food, is typically unhealthy and loaded with sugar or salt.  Here is a great way to be festive and healthy all in one!
Slice apples into 1/2 inch thick slices.  I used Granny Smith just b/c they are green, but you can use any apples you like.

Use a shamrock shaped cookie cutter to make the apple slices into shamrocks

I loved the way both pieces looked so I served them both.  After all, apple skins are delish too (and it's where all the fiber is).
I served these shamrock apples with goat cheese at my bachelor finale party


I'd love to be able to take credit for this great idea, but the inspiration was found on Pinterest (as usual).  Enjoy and Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!   

12 comments:

  1. Amazing idea! So cool:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to write you back from your comment on POTC but you are a no reply blogger! You can fix that here http://mycraftyhomelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

    and this was my reply back to you about the Vibiana:) "Another California girl! Isn't that place just so beautiful?! I had the best time there!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you and yes I LOVE California. Where are you originally from?

      Delete
    3. Hi again Lauren, How do you change this if you use google plus?

      Delete
  3. too cute! i could totally do this with the zuchy :) thanks magda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a great idea Kasia! I made palmy with the wedro's and harcerki this past weekend and was thinking about posting that here but I am trying to keep religious views off the blog, lol.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I need to do this.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Floral'.

    Hope you have a great day.
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes I stopped by to check out your post & am following, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Cute idea!
    :) Liz @ rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete