Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday faves


This week was a rather difficult one.  The first half, I was just being a poopy pants (my friends and I like to use this term when we are in a funk/boring mood).  I was feeling sorry for myself, not doing anything about it and just plain old being lazy and moping.  I try not to be like this but it does happen every now and again, and when it does, it's intense.  On Wednesday night, I found out my babcia (grandma) passed away.  She was 95 years old so I knew it was coming, but news like this still seems to rattle me.  Anyway, I am doing alright and in an odd way this occurring sort of pulled me out of my mood and made me realize that I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and take back control of my life.  It's time to start taking my own advice (aka this Motivation Monday post).  I am going to use this weekend as a restart.  I am spending time with friends and also incorporating some planning activities to keep more on track for the weeks to come.  For me, the best way to be more positive is to plan and stay on a schedule.  I'll be sharing some of my techniques with you next week, so be sure to check back in.  Hope everyone has a nice weekend!       

 
Bright and bold tulips
A thank you note from my friends that visited a few weeks back  (I love getting mail)

Receiving my Cupcakes and Cashmere book.  Emily is one of my favorite bloggers!

A photo taken at one of my favorite bars in Pasadena, Bodega.

Salsa & Guac bar

10 comments:

  1. I've been to Bodega and it's divine! So glad I stumbled across your cute blog. Looking forward to your posts in the future!

    ♥ Talia
    http://rubytiaradiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talia! It is still a work in progress but I am enjoying it. Your's looks great too, I just started following and will more later. I'd love if you would follow me!

      xoxo
      Mags

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :(

    I'm glad you're being optimistic though, and using this weekend as an opportunity to become refreshed and start new. Best wishes, and I hope you feel better!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the very sweet workds.

      xoxo
      Mags

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your Grandma - I hope you feel better soon!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your grandma. Things will get better. Stay positive! Do you have anything in your house that reminds you of her? I have a wing-back chair my grandma gave me, and I love to sit in it with tea and think of special memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana. I have been looking at some old photos and am planning a blog post to honor her so that has been keeping me positive. Thanks again, have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  5. interesting post!Follow me that i'll following you! Kisses from Rome Federica
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete